Beyond the wonderfull and exciting holidays you will spend on Kos Island, if you love water sports, you can enjoy the sea through a series of courses organized by Kitesurfing Kos School located only 3km away from our Hotel. The courses are listed bellow:
- Κite Surfing
- Wind Surfing Courses
- Sailing Courses
Welcome to Kite Surfing Kos in Mastichari Kos, Greece
Your Water sports experts at the sunny island of Kos.
Spend your Kite Surfing holidays at the most beautiful spots on Kos with the greater chance of wind. Learn how to Kite surf the easy way, safely and push yourself to new limits.
Kitesurfing or Kiteboarding is a surface water sport that uses the wind to pull a rider through the water on a small surfboard or a kiteboard (similar to a wakeboard ). The terms kiteboarding and kitesurfing are interchangeable, with the USA and other countries referring to the sport as kiteboarding and the UK and a few other countries referring to the sport as kitesurfing. There are a number of different styles of kiteboarding, including freestyle (most common and utilises standard kite and board) or wake-style (flatter water using board with bindings) and wave-riding which is focused on big waves using a board designed for wave riding. A kitesurfer or kiteboarder uses a board with or without foot-straps or bindings, combined with the power of a large controllable kite to propel the rider and the board across the water. Windsurfingis a surface water sport that combines elements of surfing and sailing. It consists of a board usually 2 to 3 metres long, with a volume of about 60 to 250 liters, powered by wind on a sail. The rig is connected to the board by a free-rotating universal joint and consists of a mast, 2-sidedboom and sail. The sail area generally ranges from 2.5 m2 to 12 m2 depending on the conditions, the skill of the sailor and the type of windsurfing being undertaken. Sailing is the propulsion of a vehicle and the control of its movement with large (usually fabric) foils called sails. By changing the rigging, rudder, and sometimes the keel or centreboard, a sailor manages the force of the wind on the sails in order to move the vessel relative to its surrounding medium (typically water, but also land and ice) and change its direction and speed. Mastery of the skill requires experience in varying wind and sea conditions, as well as knowledge concerning sailboats themselves and an understanding of one’s surroundings.
YOUR BENEFITS AT KITESURFING KOS
- three different spots in Mastichari, Marmari and Kohilari for every wind direction and level
- great chance of wind
- free spot shuttle
- A carefully compiled program of courses, which will guarantee individual success and gives you the opportunity to obtain the international VDWS License.
- A perfect surf spot from beginners until professional windsurfers, kitesurfers and sailing enthusiasts. Full support for kitesurfers by a motorboat which offers you the opportunity to practice safely and relieve stress.
- Most modern and easy-to-handle Kite equipment from Naish and an excellent, very experienced team of instructors, all holding the VDWS-Certificate.
- Professional and individual guided boat chart tours to the surrounding islands Kalimnos, Pserimos, Plati, Nera and Safonidi.
- Relaxing and professional atmosphere.